You Guys! It’s been forever! Seriously, I’m going to try and figure out how to explain to my mom how to find this blog, and then I will feel like I am writing to someone, instead of talking to myself. I mean, I talk to myself all the time, but going one step further and typing it all out is a little crazy, no?
I kid, someone is reading this. Mom?
Ok, so, I’m firing up the ole’ blog! I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve attempted this, but in my mind it’s going to happen.
I’ve found lots of inspiration on Instagram lately, to help me do a little more forward thinking and planning this year. I decided to participate in #SewMyStyle, a fun way to get more women into planning and sewing their own wardrobes. You can read more about it here: #SewMyStyle and while I think sign ups are officially over, you could always still join in on the making! This particular project has assigned patterns for every month. I’m not entirely sure I’ll do the exact project, but I do already own most of the patterns, so it’s quite possible I will!
I also hopped on the #2017MakeNine craze. This was started by last year by Rochelle New. I have been reading so much about wardrobe planning, capsule wardrobes and just being more thoughtful about to make and buy. I think this planning is a good way to tame all the crazy ideas I have bopping around my head all the time. See for me sewing is more about the process. The challenges, learning techniques, and just enjoying the time spent making. It’s a bonus to end up with something I can wear at the end!
So, here is my #2017MakeNine!
- Closet Case Files- Ginger Jeans:: Ok, so this is crazy! I am going to a Ginger Jeans workshop at my local sewing shop, Stitch Sew Shop next weekend! I’m crazy excited, if not slightly emotional over the whole thing. I mean, the timing is terrible, but it’s going to be so amazing! I have to have a pair of jeans basted together to so I can be ready for all the fun fitting and sewing. I can’t wait!!
- Liesl & Co- Bento Tee:: I have a side zip version of this
planned! (I already made it, and it’s awesome!) Hoping to have blog post soon.
- Grainline Studio- Archer Button Up:: Because I actually need more button ups, and I’m probably the only person in the entire sewing world who hasn’t made this pattern yet.
- Cali Faye Collection- Valley Blouse:: I’ve loved the style of this blouse ever since I saw it on Instagram. I really did the Cali Faye style. It’s not exactly me, because for the most part I’m a frumpy jeans and t-shirt kind of person, but I aspire to be more boho and put together (most days)
- Grainline Studio- Alder Shirtdress:: Again, I may be one of the last sewing girls around who hasn’t made this dress, and it calls to me for some reason, so why not!
- Paddleboat Studio- Carson Dress:: something about this dress catches me. I’m sure my husband would hate it, but it looks perfect for those hot and humid VA summers, when the idea of putting on anything that might actually touch your skin is just too much.
- Blue Prints for Sewing- Geodesic:: This just looks fun! It’s like quilting and garment making all rolled into one! I can’t wait to make this one.
- Hey June Handmade- Cheyenne Tunic:: Because if you make one button down, you might as well make 2.
- Cali Faye Collection- Hampshire Trousers:: These are actually also included in the #SewMyStyle project, and I have a serious hole in my handmade wardrobe when it comes to pants, so I wanted to make sure I included this one.
I’ve linked to each of the patterns above, if you are interested in checking them out. You may notice that these are all Indie designers. I really love supporting Indie designers. I have nothing against the bigger pattern companies, and have spent my fair share of time perusing those giant pattern books at Joann’s. However, I think all these awesome ladies are wear it’s at.